- Culling of entire poultry population in the zone of 0-10 kms/0-5 kms.
- Immediate compensation for birds killed in operations.
- Continuous strengthening of preparedness to tackle any future eventuality in terms of upgradation of laboratories, training of manpower, stockpiling of materials for control and containment etc.
- Sensitization of general public on Avian Influenza through IEC campaigns.
- Transparent approach towards reporting not only outbreaks but also information of unusual sickness/mortality in poultry and results of laboratory diagnosis.
- Appreciation of India’s efforts by organizations like United Nations (UN), Asian Development Bank (ADB), World Health Organization (WHO) and World Bank (WB).
News reports announcing the outbreak of bird flu in west bengal,india. More than 10,000 birds died in Margram village of Birbhum district in West Bengal.
About Bird Flu Virus
The H5N1 virus remains mainly a virus of birds, but experts fear it could change into a form easily transmitted from person to person and sweep the world, killing millions.(mutation)
Bird Flu Deaths
Also only 195+ people have died of H5N1 since 2003 but billions of bird culled.
To know what is bird flu,bird flu symptoms in humans and birds,bird flu vaccination, read the birdflu article at World Health Organization