Ratan Tata riding TaTa Nano- The 1 lakh -people's car.
- Dealer price of 100,000 rupees
- Will do 20 km per litre
- To roll out new car later this year
- 2 lakh 50 thousand cars this year end
Tata Motor's stock priced took a beating after the launch.
The Specifications of TATA NANO are as follows:
Tata Motors unveiled its 'People's Car' Nano today.It will be the world's cheapest car
The dealer price will be 100,000 rupees
Following are some details on the car, which was presented at the Auto Expo in New Delhi.
* Size of Nano Car
- Length: 3.1 metres
- Height: 1.6 metres
- Width: 1.5 metres
* Engine of Nano Car:
- Rear-wheel drive, 2-cylinder, 623 cc, multi-point fuel-injection petrol engine.
- Engine is rear mounted.
- First time a 2-cylinder gasoline engine with single balancer shaft.
* Safety features in Nano Car:
- All sheet-metal body
- Crumple zones
- Intrusion-resistant doors
- Strong seats and anchorages,
- Rear tailgate glass bonded to the body.
- Tyres are tubeless !
- Tailpipe emission
- Lower overall pollution level than two-wheelers made in India.
- High fuel efficiency (20 km/litre) ensured low CO2 emissions.