Friday, September 05, 2008

UST Global Postpones Date of Joining :(

2007 batch of students are being asked to wait till January 2009... ( due to space constraints?)
1000s of graduates :(
This is regarding the Training letter and the e-mail on the training schedule dated 14th November 2007. We would like to inform you that the scheduled training program has been postponed, due to business reasons.

The revised date for the training will be communicated to you in January 2009.

For any further clarifications, please e-mail at campus.relations@ust-global.com or call us at 0471-4042200

Note: Help Desk is available from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM, on week days.

Regards,
Manager -HR


The media releases are quite different though...

UST Global to go in for more buys

Sanjeev Ramachandran / Chennai/ Thiruvananthapuram August 29, 2008, 2:11 IST
Company to finalise a few deals in the next 90 days.

UST Global, an IT services and solutions provider for the Global 2000 market, has zeroed in on a handful of technology players for acquisitions this year.
According to Sajan Pillai, CEO, UST Global, “We have zeroed in on certain companies, and will finalise a few deals in the next 90 days. The new acquisitions are in a bid to expand UST Global’s portfolio and achieve its billion-dollar revenue target.”
He added that a few of the targeted companies would be Indian players and foreign firms with an Indian presence. The company currently has registered $250 million in terms of revenue.
Not revealing the names of the target companies lined up for acquisition, Pillai said, “ERP and business intelligence being our key strengths, we would be acquiring companies that suit our portfolio.”
The company, which has established its presence in the North American, European, Australian and the Asia Pacific regions, currently services as many as 14 new Fortune 500 companies. The number will be doubled by next month.
Besides the acquisitions, UST Global is looking at getting itself listed, most probably on an American bourse.
“Our stock market listing would happen by the first quarter of 2010. Though we are not ruling out an Indian listing, a US listing is in our minds at the moment,” he added.
The company this June had also rolled out an employee stock option plan for its professionals, Pillai said.
Pointing out that this initiative was one of the most broadly based ESOP programmes in the industry and perhaps the first among companies based out of Technopark, Pillai said over 60 per cent of the employees would be eligible for ESOPs.
On the recessionist trend that has engulfed the American scene, Pillai said UST Global hadn’t had much of an impact as only around 30 per cent of its customer companies had been impacted. The remaining 70 per cent among its clientele, who operate out of Europe and Asia Pacific, are still intact and unaffected.

“Significantly, we are still hiring employees at the rate of 140 professionals every month. This means, we did not cut down on workforce even in these troubled times,” he said. UST Global is among the largest IT services companies in Kerala.

The company has also lined up its foray into Latin America and has finalised plans for expansion of its Malaysian operations and setting up of a campus in Thiruvananthapuram during the year.

“We have chosen San Diego in Chile for our Latin American plans and will start operations soon. The company will begin work on expanding operations at its Malaysian centre by the first quarter of 2009,” he added.

UST Global, meanwhile, is readying the first phase of its campus close to Technopark. “The campus would see an investment of $50 million in the first phase and add close to 5,000 professionals to the company’s employee list,” he said.
US Technology is now UST Global.
UST-Global (www.ust-global.com )is a SEI-CMMi and PCMM Level 5 company.also it follows Six Sigma practices in developing customer-facing processes. UST strictly follows the security standards laid out by BS 7799, ISO 17799 & ISO 27001

Look at an old press release from technopark newsletter..

1 comment:

machan said...

It's a world of business and companies will be investing in what makes sense to them at that time.

If you are confident in yourself, you need not have to be disappointed. There is enough opportunity for every one.