Jun 13, 2010

Book Air Tickets IRCTC website - air.irctc.co.in

UPDATE1:
Awadhesh comments...
I have a bitter experience with IRCTC-air. I had booked a ticket vide PNR NO. B6WN8L from Delhi to Bagdogra on 12/5/2010 for GOAIR flight. Later, I cancelled this ticket on 14/5/2010.

1. since then I am still waiting for refund. Despite my several reminder to the customer service cell, I have not received any positive response so far. because address of top official of IRCTC-air has not been mentioned anywhere in website for contact or clarification, I am unable to do much in this regard. customer service cell have lack of knowledge on the relevent products.

2. IRCTC-air toll free no.1800 3000 9900 is very irractic. when you want to connect customer service cell, the lines will be disconnected automatically during conversation.

3. IRCTC-air claims 10% cash back and cash back amount will be refunded next day. it is absolutely wrong. first, booking through IRCTC is 10-12% more expensive than booking through directly airlines’ website. This excess amount, is refunded by IRCTC as a cash back offer. I had booked the abovesaid ticket on Rs 5949.12 through IRCTC and on the same flight/same day the actual price on GOAIR flight was Rs 5427.00 only. Can you calculate how much amount, I got as a cash back offer. second, cash back amount will be refunded in your account after 7-8 working days and if you have cancelled your ticket, then there is not a fixed date. I am still waiting for refund more than 40 days.

IRCTC-AIR official look into the matter ?

2:01 PM, June 25, 2010

IRCTC Air bookings offer 10% instant cashback on FULL fare!

IRCTC Offers inaugural Instant cashback of 10% on all Airlines except Jet Airways and JetLite.
The cash back amount would be refunded the next day. The cashback would be credited to the same account that was used to make the booking. In case of cancellation of flight the cash back amount would be deducted from the cancellation amount


The cashback Amount is limited to Rs.500 Per Segment / Per Passenger


  • Multiple secure Payment options.
  • Dedicated Customer Care
  • Attractive Deals
  • All Domestic Carriers
  • All Air Segment Covered
  • Best Prices


http://air.irctc.co.in/

24x7 Toll Free 1800 3000 9900
airsupport@irctc.com
Illustration of the 10% cash back. You saved Rs.500 


Before flying , check the url http://air.irctc.co.in/pgflightstatus.aspx to know the flight status/time table for airlines from Indian cities...
Download this as pdf and send to your friends.

3 comments:

Awadhesh said...

I have a bitter experience with IRCTC-air. I had booked a ticket vide PNR NO. B6WN8L from Delhi to Bagdogra on 12/5/2010 for GOAIR flight. Later, I cancelled this ticket on 14/5/2010.

1. since then I am still waiting for refund. Despite my several reminder to the customer service cell, I have not received any positive response so far. because address of top official of IRCTC-air has not been mentioned anywhere in website for contact or clarification, I am unable to do much in this regard. customer service cell have lack of knowledge on the relevent products.

2. IRCTC-air toll free no.1800 3000 9900 is very irractic. when you want to connect customer service cell, the lines will be disconnected automatically during conversation.

3. IRCTC-air claims 10% cash back and cash back amount will be refunded next day. it is absolutely wrong. first, booking through IRCTC is 10-12% more expensive than booking through directly airlines’ website. This excess amount, is refunded by IRCTC as a cash back offer. I had booked the abovesaid ticket on Rs 5949.12 through IRCTC and on the same flight/same day the actual price on GOAIR flight was Rs 5427.00 only. Can you calculate how much amount, I got as a cash back offer. second, cash back amount will be refunded in your account after 7-8 working days and if you have cancelled your ticket, then there is not a fixed date. I am still waiting for refund more than 40 days.

IRCTC-AIR official look into the matter ?

softbranch said...

I have an IRCTC account which is locked second time.
When i tried to reset the password through forget password link, it asks User id, question and Answer. I provided all the details and it throws an error "Answer is Incorrect". This happend second time and both the times i tried to login through the actual password.
I waited for a week and there was no response from IRCTC customer care. I called them up on 24 Hrs. Customer Support at 011-23340000 and it took about 12 calls to make them understand about the issue. When ever i called up the customer support the person attnding the call will redirect me to someone else after listening to my detail and again i need to explain whole story, inshort that was waste of time and money.
I sent an email at care@irctc.co.in also submit at http://www.consumercourt.in/railways/14030-irctc-login.html and got an automated email as Ticket Confirmation for the request.
IRCTC should hire service and satisfaction oriented support executives so that it a common man has no pain of wasting time and money.

Dunitz Sandrino said...

Whether it booking flight tickets or train tickets, many have encountered a bad experience. However, few online booking agencies correct their mistakes by providing some compensation to their customers.