My boyfriend and I are planning our 3 week trip in Kerala. We're staying from July 11th-31st and are now trying to figure out our travel route and our budget.
I was wondering if some kind soul/souls would be so nice to answer a few questions..
1. How much would it approximately cost to rent a driver to drive us from Bangalore to Calicut/Kozhikode?
276 km . @10 Rs./km
2. What would be the best way to travel back to Bangalore from the tip of India (Kanniyakumari/Cape Comorin or from Thiruvananthapuram?
Needless to say, Flight from Thiruvananthapuram is the fastest and most expensive. Train should be reserved well in advance. Bus if you want to see places and have time.
3. Which websites are the cheapest and best for buying flight/bus/train tickets? Or should we by them straight of the station?
Book them online early.
4. How much does it cost to rent a Houseboat from Kochi to Kollam?
Less than 8k for two people., depends on a/c etc
5. Any good (and hopefuly cheap) hotel/hostel/Bungalow recommendations in Kozhinkode, Kochi, Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kanniyakumari?
6. Good tips for beaches? Where to stay?
Kovalam. Lots of places around to checkin.